Friday, October 4, 2013

Pharmagel skincare review

After great success with the last part of my skincare revamp, I decided to try another new to me brand, Pharmagel. Pharmagel is "pharmaceutical grade anti-aging skincare" and the products sounded great! They use ingredients suitable for sensitive skin, and they do not test on animals. The products are suitable for all skintypes, which is great for me - my skin can never decide what it wants to be. One week my cheeks feel like the sahara, the next week my t-zone is an oil slick. I always appreciate products that help balance this out!

I contacted them hoping to try some small samples, and they offered to let me try out and review their travel sized products! I received the Daily Express Regimen (linked here!), which includes four travel sized products. I have used them for the last 3 weeks, and I'm ready to share my thoughts!




Here is what Pharmagel has to say about this regimen:



Method of Use
STEP 1: Massage Hydra Cleanse® over face in gentle circular motion. Rinse with lukewarm water and pat dry.

STEP 2: (1-3x weekly): Apply Enzymé Ex-Cell® to clean, wet skin and massage gently. Rinse with lukewarm water and pat dry.

STEP 3: After cleansing, apply Botanical Tonique® with a cotton pad or lightly spray face for an extra “pick-me-up.”

STEP 4: Apply Firma Derm® to face and body after bathing. Gently massage into skin until absorbed.
Active Ingredients
STEP 1: Oat Extract; Seaweed Extracts: Dulse, Wakame, Sea Lettuce, Algae, Spirulina.
STEP 2: Micronized Walnut Shell Powder, Papaya Extract, Sunflower Oil, Allantoin.
STEP 3: Passion Flower Extract, Arnica Extract, Chamomile Extract, Bergamot Extract, Panthenol (Vitamin B), Witch Hazel.
STEP 4: Retinyl Palmitate (Vitamin A), Magnesium Ascorbyl Phosphate (stabilized Vitamin C), Tocopherol (Vitamin E), Gingko Biloba.

I followed this regimen exactly as directed, adding a mask once weekly. I have to say I am quite impressed with these products! The cleanser is gentle and did not dry out my skin. The scrub is just amazing, left  my face smooth and soft and glowy! It wasn't too abrasive, which is good...some are and actually make breakouts worse. The toner is light and refreshing, and I love that it has a spray top...very convenient. It might be my favorite part! And the moisturizer is great, I used it on my face as well as my hands. Not too heavy, but very moisturizing. It didn't break me out, just left me nice and soft.

I'm really happy with how my skin has reacted to these products. My oil levels do seem to have evened out, though that wasn't a promised benefit! Even my monthly hormonal breakouts have lessened, and my skin in general looks pretty and glowing.

I have received comments from friends about how great my skin looks, so I'm sold! I will be seeking out more products, for sure.

Have you tried Pharmagel products yet?

Disclaimer: I received free items to review. I was not compensated, and all opinions are my own.

No comments: